The most unpleasant sensations when teething deliver a person wisdom teeth.
They make room for themselves in the jawbone, literally pushing the next molars, causing unbearable pain.
For this reason, many patients ask specialists to remove the “eights” even at the stage of eruption.
Whether this is a necessity, and what causes painful symptoms, you will learn further.
Experts call the wisdom teeth the third molars. They are the ones who conclude in the formation of 32 human teeth. Unlike other permanent – they do not have dairy predecessors.
The beginnings of the eighth molars are formed in the lower and upper jaws at the age of 6 to 14 years. However, this process may take up to 40 years.
The order and speed of eruption are purely individual for each person. Although some, third molars do not appear throughout life.
Signs of tooth temperature
The clinical picture of the eruption of the eighth molars can be of two types – physiological and pathological.
The first symptoms include the following symptoms:
- mild discomfort in the area of eruption;
- a feeling of widening gums;
- compaction of soft tissue in the field of explosion;
- need to gnaw something hard.
The etiology of the pathological nature can be represented by:
- Sharp pain in the jaw tissue. Since the third molar does not have a dairy predecessor, he is forced to make his way out. With the passage of the tooth through the bone tissue and soft outer tissue, painful sensations arise.
- it inflammation in the area of wisdom tooth localization. The pathogenic process can be triggered by both the difficulties of the eruption and the infection in the tissue around the area of the molar appearance.
- Etiology, against which the gums and oral mucosa swells. A noticeable symptom is observed during the wrong eruption of the “eight.”
- The discharge of the gums and the formation of tissue that hangs over the crown of the tooth. Experts call it a “hood.” When food residues accumulate beneath, which are difficult to clean during regular oral hygiene, chewed foods become a source of bacterial inflammation.
- It can Pathology, which is characterized by enlarged lymph nodes in the submandibular. The primary source of this etiology can serve as an inflammatory process of the oral cavity of any kind, which occurs on the background of the eruption of the molar.
If symptoms of a pathological nature appear, you should immediately seek the help of a dentist. Ignoring a problem can have serious consequences.
The process of teething wisdom can provoke some difficulties that can be recognized by their symptoms.
Inflammation of the gums, which surrounds the area of the eruption of the eighth molars, is the most common type of complication.
Against the background of pericoronitis, swelling of soft tissues can be observed on the edge of the jaw and in the cheek area, pathological fever, and general weakness.
The inflammatory process can cause acute pain, while the crown of the tooth may still not be seen on the surface of the gum.
The described clinical picture is provoked by pathogenic organisms that penetrate the tissue when the sharp end of the molar damages the gum. Pathogenic microorganisms reproduce in the muscles due to the accumulation of food debris under the hood of the tooth.
The progression of pericoronitis is fraught with painful movements of the jaw, especially during the opening of the mouth. it is due to the further spread of inflammation in the jaw muscles.
The inflammatory process, the development of which is observed by experts after the appearance of a wisdom tooth, is characterized by the defeat of the area between the molar crown and the gum with pathogenic organisms.
Periodontitis occurs due to insufficient tooth hygiene due to its specific location. Only during professional cleansing can the molar be wholly cleansed of food debris and plaque.
The activity of bacteria leads to swelling of the soft tissues of the mouth, cheeks, the appearance of acute pain. In the people, the result of this process is referred to as flux.
Ignoring the problem is fraught with the deterioration of the general condition of the body, its intoxication, the penetration of inflammation into the jaw bones.
Swollen lymph nodes can be triggered by the presence of an infection in the mouth.
At the same time, outside on the background of lymphadenitis, the submandibular tissues become painful and undergo reddening.
Dystopia is a phenomenon characterized by improper placement of the molar relative to the dentition.
This diagnosis is most often inherent in the “eights”. Dystopia develops due to lack of space for healthy growth of the molar.
The wisdom teeth can rest with a crown on the root of the adjacent tooth, cut through perpendicular to the cheek.
This defect is the cause of the formation of ulcerative areas of the mucous membrane. In addition, incorrect growth of third molars can lead to biting deformation.
related to: How Long Do I Keep Gauze After Tooth Extraction
Over the years, a person may not feel any discomfort or painful feelings about third molars. However, the eruption process has already been launched, although it has not reached the final point.
The tooth continues to remain under the gum or in the bone tissue. This phenomenon is called retention.
Such a clinical picture can be both permanent and periodic.
Contact a specialist should, if parallel to the painful sensations you have a gum protrusion.
There is a possibility of development of a cyst – a benign neoplasm – a capsule filled with fluid, as well as dead tissue.
Such a critical etiology is caused by the presence in the oral cavity of a chronic inflammatory process and a prolonged eruption of the tooth.
Inflammation of the trigeminal nerve
Problematic teething of the upper wisdom teeth can provoke inflammation of the ternary facial nerve.
In advanced cases, facial paralysis can develop.
The incorrect position of the eighth molar in the dentition can lead to the development of a unique process.
In particular, this is due to the snug fit of the crown of the wisdom tooth to the crown of the neighboring one.
Due to the complexity of the implementation of hygiene in the interdental passage, there accumulate food debris, which is an excellent focus for the development of caries, which initially touches two adjacent molars.
Often, purulent inflammation occurs in those who are catastrophically afraid to seek help from a specialist and withstand all permissible stages of improper tooth eruption.
Symptoms such as fever, bad breath, swelling of the gums (sometimes on the cheek and neck), and throbbing pain are characteristic of an abscess.
The infinity of an abscess or its breakthrough into soft tissues causes the development of an extensive inflammatory process. It can penetrate the bone tissue, touch the face area and result in a fatal outcome for a person in case of the blood infection.
This complication is characterized by extensive swelling, which is localized, starting from the submandibular tissues and ending with the cheek area and the eyes. With acute pain, it is not possible to swallow, talk and chew usually.
How to facilitate
To draw up a plan of measures to eliminate the unpleasant signs of the wisdom tooth eruption only by a specialist after the X-ray examination.
The presence of the image allows determining the degree of the problem and the absence of indications for the resection of the molar.
Often, the patient has prescribed anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, and in severe cases – and antibiotic therapy.
So, to remove inflammation and normalize the temperature can Nurofen, Ibuprofen or Paracetamol. Pain correctly eliminate Ketanov, Spazmalgon, Pentalgin. It is advisable to take antiseptic agents during teething:
- spray Miramistin;
- Chlorhexidine solution.
Puffiness removes gel Holisal, Metrogil-Dent or Kalgel.
Nobody has canceled traditional medicine:
- Sage. Relieve the symptoms of teething can, rinsing the mouth with a decoction of sage. it is a cup of boiling water is added 1 tbsp. L plants. Then the resulting mixture is infused for an hour.
- Oak bark. An excellent means for removing puffiness, as well as eliminating signs of inflammation is the traditional decoction of oak bark. Its preparation is carried out by bringing to a boil the mixture of half a glass of boiling water and st. L bark rinses the mouth with cooled solution.
- Soda-salt solutions. Soda-salt baths are also referred to as traditional antiseptic products. For this, in art., warm water is dissolved in 1 tsp. I am drinking soda and sea salt, adding a few drops of iodine. The antiseptic solution is kept in the mouth for 3-5 minutes. Such manipulations can be carried out up to 3 times a day.
Do I need to delete
However, not all dentists agree with this method of prevention of complications of the eruption of the “eights.”
Not the fact that future molars will be painful and create problems. Also, modern medicine offers a complete and high-quality treatment of such involved teeth. It is impractical to carry out the resection of the molar, in cases where there is no interference for the eruption, and if the eighth tooth can play the role of support in prosthetics.
Be that as it may, the dentist often decides to remove the molar by an x-ray examination.
read more: Tooth pain after root canal treatment
According to reviews of specialists in dental clinics, few people have never experienced the difficulties of teething wisdom.
Also, if the third molar appeared in the oral cavity without any pathological symptoms, it is not a fact that he is healthy. Often, in the future, it still has to be deleted.
At what age did you have to face the first eruption of the third molar? What symptoms accompanied the process, and how did you deal with them? We are waiting for comments from you regarding the voiced topic in the article. We are sure your experience will be useful to many readers.